Enterprise Account Manager - US Central
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Apache Flink is one of the systems at the forefront of this development, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production. Flink is also one of the most active and fastest-growing open source projects in the Apache Software Foundation.
Ververica was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications. We are tackling some of today’s biggest challenges in big data and data streaming. We are growing fast in the Europe and in the US and we are seeking an experienced Senior Enterprise Account Manager. This is a customer facing role where some travel will be required including visiting company Headquarters in Berlin, Germany. The position will demand interaction with the community, start-up companies but focused on large scale enterprises at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT organization.
The successful candidate will have sound sales experience and excellent business acumen blended with strong interpersonal and presentational skills and a great business network within the local market.
Reports to: Head of Sales
- Exceed Sales Targets
- Maintains contact with customers in an assigned territory to ensure customer satisfaction, issue resolution and up/cross selling activities
- Builds relationships and works effectively with cross functional teams to resolve any issues highlighted during renewal discussions or during the account management cycle
- Utilize CRM to forecast and track all activities
- Develops a quarterly business plan and strategy for assigned territory
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitive positioning in the marketplace
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- 5+ years successful account management, business development, or SAAS experience in Deep Tech & preferably Big Data technologies
- Good understanding of the relevant market and Open Source markets
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment in resolving difficult issues
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented
- Enthusiastic, driven and confident; ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company's mission, product and business opportunity with contagious conviction
- Must be a self- starter with the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, Salesforce.com)
- Proven ability in delivering against sales/quota targets
- Experience in managing complex accounts with multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of and growing existing account base
- Experienced and self-efficient in working in a remote location
- Competitive salary
- Tech gear of your choice
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
Please be informed that by applying for the job offer you hereby agree that Ververica would use your personal data in the recruitment process. The legal basis for processing your application data is Article 6 par. 1 lit. b) GDPR. Your rights in respect of data protection can be found in Chapter 3 of GDPR, and you have the right to contact a supervisory authority. Further, you may contact our data protection officer via email@example.com