Human Resources Business Partner - Ververica and Alibaba Group
Location: Berlin, Germany
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Ververica with its Platform product and its major contributions to open-source Apache Flink is at the forefront of this development.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Airbus, ING, Goldman Sachs, Alibaba, Uber, Netflix, and many more running Flink in production.
Ververica was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications.
About Alibaba Group
Alibaba is one the largest and most advanced internet, cloud, e-commerce, retail, logistics and technology company in the world.
“Customer First” is the core value of Alibaba. We believe in helping our customers to achieve their business objectives and building trust with our customers is critical in this journey. Our global footprint is expanding on a rapid pace, we are looking for an independent, passionate, hands-on, and deeply experienced HR professional to join our team in building the excelsior employee experiences.
We are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to join our team and help us build the team to bring Ververica and Apache Flink to the next level. In addition, the successful candidate will also have broader HR responsibilities for other Alibaba Group teams in Europe.
- Work with leadership to create a comprehensive people plan and achieve long-lasting change in the organization
- Work with leadership to create an organizational and people strategy and execution. Be part of decision making and provide proactive solutions
- Problem-solving for daily and complex HR issues, identify root causes and provide comprehensive solutions
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, employee relations, learning and development, organization culture and strategic development.
- Participate in recruiting activities across all functions (Engineering, Product, Marketing, Sales) for Ververica and Alibaba Group in Europe
- Work with leadership to evolve and improve our team culture and employee happiness
- 5 years of solid experience in international business HR
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability and enthusiasm to take broad responsibility and work independently
- Passionate about working and growing in a startup environment
- Competitive compensation (salary, stocks, bonus)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Relocation assistance if necessary
- Work Berlin Mitte with an international team (10+ nationalities)