Senior Product Marketing Manager
Location: Berlin - remote
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Ververica with its Platform product and its major contributions to open-source Apache Flink is at the forefront of this development.
Ververica was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications. Our teams are pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing, allowing our users and customers to gain more insights into their data in real-time.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and many more running Flink in production.
We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to help us communicate the value of our products as well as open source Apache Flink to the developer community.
This means you will be making our solution and product value propositions real through the creation of product narratives, technology showcases and hands-on experiences, and working to scale our messages and technical content through a range of different channels. Product marketing serves as Subject Matter Experts across the broader marketing organization and is the go-to place for expertise and connection. In this role, you are responsible for driving product marketing, including amplifying capabilities and planning for capabilities that we haven’t launched yet. Customer understanding is your special super-power, and you know how to think strategically about audiences and represent their interests to tell a story.
- Own the key technical messaging and assets, link product management and marketing
- Create compelling messaging and positioning to convey the benefits of Apache Flink and Ververica Platform
- Conduct market research and understand target markets and personas, talk directly to customers and partners
- Drive product launches
- Work closely together with all functions to ensure high level of quality and delivery of the messaging
- 3+ years of experience in product marketing in B2B enterprise software
- Previous experience working with Open Source Technologies and Business Models
- Very good technical understanding of Big Data technologies and Markets
- Ability and enthusiasm to take broad responsibility and work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about working and growing in a fast growing environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working arrangements
- Relocation assistance if necessary
- Work in a gorgeous office in Berlin Mitte with an international team (10+ nationalities)
- English as the office language