Senior Software Engineer - Apache Flink SDK
Location: Berlin, Germany
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Ververica with its Platform product and its major contributions to open-source Apache Flink is at the forefront of this development.
Our teams are pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing, allowing our users and customers to gain more insights into their data in real-time.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production.
Ververica was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications.
We are looking for passionate software developers that enjoy solving challenging problems and are excited about open source, helping us build world-class data streaming technology.
As a software engineer at Ververica, you will take a dual role: being involved in both the open source Apache Flink project, as well as Ververica products. You should be comfortable with taking responsibility for designs and features, and be able to work both self-supervised and in cross-functional teams. As a citizen of the Flink open source community, you will be in direct touch with Flink users and participate in the day-to-day open source work. We also encourage engineers to talk publicly about their work at conferences, meetups, and via blog posts.
What you’ll do all day:
- Work together and discuss designs with your close team at Ververica.
- Discuss designs with the Flink community and work together with outside contributors of Apache Flink.
- Write code that will live for a long time in an open source project. This, to a large part, includes the SDK/APIs that users of Flink use. It is therefore critical to come up with designs that can be stable for a long time but are also extensible and maintainable.
You will love this job if you …
- … have a good knowledge of Java.
- … care about the users of the system and want to build a system that is intuitive to use.
- … want to develop new ways to bring stream processing into new frontiers.
- … like collaborating with the open source community or could see yourself liking that.
- … want to write clean, testable code, that is also efficient.
- … have an aptitude for simple, robust, and elegant designs, including how to design appealing APIs and libraries
- … have experience in working collaboratively on large code bases is a plus
What we offer …
- Competitive salary
- Great career opportunities in a world-class team with peers from top-companies, universities and research institutes.
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Snacks, coffee and beverages in the office
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Chinese classes in the office