Solutions Architect – Europe
Location: Europe (any location)
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Apache Flink is one of the systems at the forefront of this development, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production. Flink is also one of the most active and fastest-growing open source projects in the Apache Software Foundation.
You will work with engineering teams inside of our customers to build the best possible stream processing architecture for their use cases. This includes reviewing their architecture, giving guidance on how they design their Flink applications, and helping them take their first steps with our products.
Some of the customer engagements will be carried out remotely via phone and screen share, but the position also includes traveling to customers to help them onsite.
And when you’re not working with our customers, there are plenty of opportunities at
What you’ll do all day:
- Use your experience to solve challenging data engineering and stream processing problems for our customers
- Meet with customers, understand their requirements, and help guide them towards best-of-breed architectures
- Provide guidance and coding assistance during the implementation phase and make sure projects end in successful production deployments
- Become an Apache Flink and stream processing expert
You will love this job if you …
- … are experienced in building and operating solutions using distributed data processing systems on large scale production environments (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Flink, Spark)
- … are fluent in Java and/or Scala
- … love to spend the whole day talking about Big Data technologies
- … have great English skills and like talking to customers
- … like traveling around the Europe/USA and visiting new places
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Flexible working arrangements (home office, flexible working hours)
- Unlimited vacation policy, so take time off when you need it