Technical Account Manager
Location: Seattle, USA
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Apache Flink is one of the systems at the forefront of this development, pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production. Flink is also one of the most active and fastest-growing open source projects in the Apache Software Foundation.
Ververica was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications. We are tackling some of today’s biggest challenges in big data and data streaming. Since January 2019 we are part of Alibaba Group, one of the largest and still fastest growing technology companies in the world.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Account Manager. This is a technical role where some travel will be required including visiting company Headquarters in Berlin, Germany. The position will demand interaction with the community, start-up companies but focused on large scale enterprises at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT organization. You will work with engineering teams inside of our customers to help them support the best possible stream processing architecture for their use cases. This includes reviewing their architecture, giving guidance on how they design their Flink applications and resolve production issues when they are reported.
The successful candidate will have sound technical experience and excellent business acumen blended with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Reports to: Head of Growth
- Working with our Enterprise Customers and acting as a technical single point of contact
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported on Ververica Platform and seeing problems through to resolution
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Provide regular updates about Ververica Platform to Enterprise customers
- Work directly with the Flink core software engineers in Berlin and Hangzhou to ensure that customer issues are solved as quickly as possible
- Collaborate with the sales organization on joint customers
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience designing and developing enterprise class applications.
- Extensive experience with database technologies and data modeling concepts, preferably with one of the leading Streaming / Big Data Database / Analytics Vendors
- Extensive hands-on experience developing, debugging and deploying data-intensive applications as well as web applications in Java
- Previous experience with complex, customer-facing projects including agile software development projects
- Hands-on experience working with Kubernetes or any other Resource Manager (YARN, Mesos)
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining CI/CD infrastructure
- Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies and development languages as needed
- Experience with complex data analysis, data migrations, and system integration, strong object-oriented programming skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Passion for sharing own experiences and training small groups
- Must be a self- starter with the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salary in an international organization
- Tech gear of your choice
- Flexible working arrangements