Senior Software Engineer - Apache Flink State Backend
Location: Berlin, Germany
Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Ververica with its Platform product and its major contributions to open-source Apache Flink is at the forefront of this development.
Our teams are pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing, allowing our users and customers to gain more insights into their data in real-time.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production.
Ververica was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications.
We are looking for passionate software developers that enjoy solving challenging problems and are excited about open source, helping us build world-class data streaming technology.
As a software engineer at Ververica, you will take a dual role: being involved in both the open source Apache Flink project, as well as Ververica products. You should be comfortable with taking responsibility for designs and features, and be able to work both self-supervised and in cross-functional teams. As a citizen of the Flink open source community, you will be in direct touch with Flink users and participate in the day-to-day open source work. We also encourage engineers to talk publicly about their work at conferences, meetups, and via blog posts.
What you’ll do all day:
- Develop state of the art/next generation/kick ass distributed data processing framework
- Being part of a team solving some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing
- Taking part in the development of the open source system Flink
- Driving discussions in the quickly growing Flink community
- Finding solutions to Flink’s user problems
- Having the chance to represent Flink community at conferences
You will love this job if you …
- … have a good knowledge of Java
- … have an aptitude for simple, robust, and elegant designs, including how to design maintainable and evolvable systems
- … worked or developed distributed systems
- handling faults/being highly available
- running in different environments
- scheduling complex topologies
- … like processing big data sets with an emphasis on performance and reliability
- … have experience in working collaboratively on large code bases is a plus
What we offer …
- Competitive salary
- Great career opportunities in a world-class team with peers from top-companies, universities and research institutes.
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Snacks, coffee and beverages in the office
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Subsidized Gym membership (Urban Sports Club)
- Chinese classes in the office
- Free Lunch 3 times a week in the office
- Free public transportation ticket