Data stream processing is redefining what’s possible in the world of data-driven applications and services. Ververica with its Platform product and its major contributions to open-source Apache Flink is at the forefront of this development.
Our teams are pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved with data stream processing, allowing our users and customers to gain more insights into their data in real-time.
Apache Flink currently powers some of the largest data stream processing pipelines in the world, with users such as Alibaba, Uber, ING, Netflix, and more running Flink in production.
Ververica was founded in 2014 by the original creators of the Apache Flink project, and we’re building the next-generation platform for real-time data applications.
We are looking for strong systems builders that have a deep understanding of the internals of distributed systems, database systems, or performance-critical code in general. As a distributed systems engineer at Ververica, you will be working on the deep internals of distributed data stream processing. You should be comfortable with taking responsibility for designs and features, and be able to work both self-supervised and in cross-functional teams.
As a citizen of the Flink open source community, you will be in direct touch with Flink users and participate in the day-to-day open source work.
We also encourage engineers to talk publicly about their work at conferences, meetups, and via blog posts.
You will love this job if you …
- … have experience in building large data processing or distributed systems during PhD research or prior work experience
- … have a deep understanding of one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, database systems, performance optimization
- … have a strong foundation of algorithms and application design
- … have an aptitude for simple, robust, and elegant designs, including how to design appealing APIs and libraries
- … have experience in developing systems or working on large code bases in any programming language
What we offer …
- Competitive salary
- Great career opportunities in a world-class team with peers from top-companies, universities and research institutes.
- International team environment (10 nationalities so far)
- Snacks, coffee and beverages in the office
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Chinese classes in the office